- Start Eclipse.
- Start the installation procedure : select the Help>Software Updates>Find and Install... menu item.
- Select "Search for new features to install" option and click Next.
- Click New Remote Site...
- Give a name (ie PMD Eclipse Site), enter the URL http://pmd.sourceforge.net/eclipse
- Select this new site in the Sites to include in search list and click Next.
- Select PMD for Eclipse 3 and Apache Xerces in the "Select the features to install" list and click Next.
- Accept the terms of the license agreements and click Next.
- Verify that the install location is your Eclipse installation directory, otherwise select the correct one, click Finish.
- A warning appear telling the feature is not signed. Ignore and click Install to continue.
- Accept to restart the workbench to load PMD into the workbench.
- Eclipse is restarted and a PMD welcome page is displayed : the plugin is correctly installed.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Integrate PMD with Eclipse
Here are the detailed steps to integrate PMD with eclipse version 3.