- Put your WSDL file somewhere in your project.
- I created a wsdl folder and put it there.
- Once that is done, right click on the project and select New > Other > Web Service.
- In the next dialog box, choose "Top down Java bean web service" from the first menu, then browse to your WSDL file.
- I then hit next a few times, and got the following error.
- IWAB0489E Error when deploying Web service to Axis runtime axis-admin failed with http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Client The service cannot be found for the endpoint reference (EPR) http://localhost:8080/... and so on
To fix this, I had to change the server runtime to Axis2 (Eclipse should warn you about this when you add the Axis2 facet, but it doesn't). Do this by going to the Window menu, select Preferences > Web Services > Server and Runtime. Choose your server (Tomcat 5.5 in my case), then select Apache Axis2 as the web service runtime