Additional Return Codes: com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: com.ibm.websphere.management.application.client.AppDeploymentException: com.ibm.websphere.management.application.client.AppDeploymentException: ADMA0093E: An unexp
ected exception occurred while completing task GetServerName. Check the server machine First Failure Data Capture tool (FFDC) for mo
re information. [Root exception is com.ibm.websphere.management.application.client.AppDeploymentException: WSWS0021E: In the Web ser
vices Deployment Descriptor for module "ALSWebService.war,WEB-INF/web.xml", there is no wsdl-file element for webservice-deployment
descriptor number 0.]
tException: WSWS0021E: In the Web services Deployment Descriptor for module "ALSWebService.war,WEB-INF/web.xml", there is no wsdl-fi
le element for webservice-deployment descriptor number 0.
I searched for multiple forums and they keep saying that I need to fix my deployment descriptor, but none told me how.
Even though my web.xml had the tag <wsdl-file>
I figured it myself. Hope this helps some one
1) Open the webservices.xml in webservice editor
2) Go to the Design View
3) Go to the "Web Service Overview"
4) Expand Web Services --> WebService Description
5) On the Right Hand side you will see Web Service Description Implementation Details
6) Besides the "WSDL File" you will see a BROWSE window.
7) Select the WSDL file from your workspace and save this file.
8) On to the Source view you should see the tag
<wsdl-file> added as below
Save this file and now if you deploy this EAR into websphere, it will go thru seamlessly.
Hope this helps some one.